The Cowboys have made a few changes to the scouting department, including the hiring of veteran scout Jim Abrams, who has 20 years of NFL experience. Abrams spent the last seven years in Tampa Bay and the previous 13 in San Francisco. Abrams has also been a linebacker coach at UNLV (1988), Purdue (1989-90) and Ohio State (1991).
The club made a few other title changes to the scouting department:
· Sam Garza, who served as the West Coast scout for the Cowboys from 2010-11, will now become the southwest scout.
· Bill DeKraker moves from scouting the Midwest to the northeast after five years with the Cowboys.
· Kevin Simon was promoted from the combine scout to the Midwest scout. Simon originally joined the Cowboys in 2009.
· Mitch LaPoint will remain the Southeast scout, entering his fifth year scouting the southeast for the club.
· Justin Stucky has also been promoted from college scouting assistant to combine scout. Stucky joined the Cowboy scouting department as an intern in 2009.