FRISCO, Texas – Thursday means a new episode of The Draft Show, and we're already a full month into draft season.
David Helman, Kyle Youmans, Jeff Cavanaugh and Kevin Turner got together Thursday morning to break down the latest in draft news and analysis. As usual, the conversation got lively.
Here are the highlights:
- (3:00) – To start off the show, the guys went through the popular, logical options for the Cowboys at pick No. 17. There's already a short list of favorites. Is anyone flying under the radar?
- (6:50) – That led to a conversation about deep positions in this draft class. Much has been made of this wide receiver group, but what other positions look like good bets to offer up quality prospects in the later rounds?
- (24:00) – The second segment is all about fan questions, as always. This week featured a question about Jalen Hurts' NFL prospects, as the senior quarterback prospects seeks to find his place in the pecking order.
- (29:00) – There was also a question about two big-name LSU prospects. Who is more likely to be available in the second round of the draft: edge rusher K'Lavon Chaisson or linebacker Patrick Queen?
- (33:30) – The popular question we keep going back to. If the first-round value falls in favor of a wide receiver, would you be willing to bolster the offense at the expense of the defense?
- (42:00) – The third segment of the show was simply a compare and contrast situation. Under the guidance of Kevin Turner, the cast broke down their grades on some of the most intriguing names in this draft class. The conversation centered around safeties Antoine Winfield Jr. and Ashtyn Davis, receivers James Proche and Colin Johnson, tight ends Hunter Bryant and Adam Trautman, linebackers Zach Braun and Kenneth Murray, safeties Terrell Burgess and Brandon Jones and defensive tackles Ross Blacklock and Neville Gallimore.
Check out the full show: