PRO: The Dallas Cowboys added a young tight end with a promising future to their practice squad when they signed Cole Hikutini after the final cuts in 2019. Hikutini spent the entire 2019 season on Dallas' practice squad honing his skills after originally entering the league in 2017 as a rookie free agent with San Francisco. He played in four games as a rookie and spent the next two years on practice squads - Minnesota (2018) and Dallas.
12/30/19: Signed with Dallas as a future.
9/2/19: Signed to Dallas' practice squad.
1/2/19: Signed with Minnesota as a future and waived (8/31)
9/1/18: Waived by San Francisco and signed to Minnesota's practice squad (9/3).
11/7/17: Placed on Reserve/Injured with a knee injury.
9/3/17: Signed to San Francisco's practice squad and activated (10/14).
5/4/17: Signed with San Francisco as a rookie free agent and waived (9/2).
- Went to training camp with Minnesota but was released at the final cut date.
- Signed to Dallas' practice squad on Sept. 2 where he spent the entire season.
2018 (San Francisco/Minnesota):
- Returned to camp with the 49ers but was released at the final cut date.
- Immediately signed to the Minnesota Vikings practice squad where he spent the entire season.
2017 (San Francisco):
- Signed with San Francisco as a rookie free agent following the NFL Draft but was waived at the end of camp.
- Spent the first five weeks of the season on the 49ers practice squad and was activated on Oct. 14.
- Made his NFL debut as a reserve at Washington (10/15), playing mostly on special teams.
- Had a catch for five yards against Dallas (10/22) and one for 10 yards at Philadelphia (10/29).
- Suffered a knee injury against Arizona (11/5) that landed him on Reserve/Injured for the remainder of the season.
- Started 13 of the 24 games he played over two seasons at Louisville and caught 69 passes for 1,016 yards and 11 touchdowns.
- As a senior in 2016, started 10 of the 13 games he played and was fifth among tight ends in FBS with 49 catches for 656 yards with eight touchdowns.
- After transferring to Louisville, had three starts in 11 games as a junior, posting three touchdowns and 348 yards on 19 catches.
- Spent his 2014 sophomore season at City College of San Francisco, catching 40 passes for 658 yards and four touchdowns after transferring from Sacramento State.
- As a redshirt freshman at Sacramento State in 2013, appeared in nine games with four starts and caught 21 passes for 204 yards and five touchdowns.
- Attended Pleasant Grove High School in Elk Grove, Calif., where he earned All-Delta River League second-team honors as a senior defensive back.
- Also caught 27 passes for 536 yards and six scores on offense as a senior.
- 2019 Early Thanksgiving Day Meal at The Salvation Army.
- 2019 Salvation Army relief for Dallas tornado.
- Annual Team Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.