|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
6th round draft pick in 2019.
PRO: Donovan Wilson was added to the mix at the safety position with the selection of the former Texas A&M product in the sixth round (213th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. Wilson played in 11 games as a rookie, seeing a majority of his time on special teams. In his second season, Wilson earned a starting role in Week 5 and went on to start 10 of the final 12 games, missing two to a groin injury. By season's end, he ranked fourth on the defense with 68 tackles while tying for first with two fumble recoveries, tying for second with three forced fumbles and two interceptions and tied for third with 3.5 sacks. Coming into 2021, Wilson has a leg up on the competition for a starting safety spot, and he should again build on his experience.
4/26/19: Drafted in the sixth round (213th overall) by Dallas.
- Earned a starting safety spot in Week 5 and started 10 of the remaining 12 games, missing two with a groin injury, and finished fourth on the team with 68 tackles while adding 3.5 sacks (tied for third), three forced fumbles (tied for second), two fumble recoveries (tied for first) and two interceptions (tied for second). Also added six special teams tackles.
- Saw extended playing time against Cleveland (10/4), replacing Darian Thompson, and finished with nine tackles and his first career sack.
- Made his first career start and tallied two tackles in the win against the N.Y. Giants (10/11), then selected as a team captain for the Week 6 game against Arizona (10/19).
- Notched his second career sack on which he forced and recovered his first career fumble to go with four tackles at Philadelphia (11/1).
- Tallied nine tackles, a half sack, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery at Minnesota (11/22), then selected as the special teams captain for the Thanksgiving game against Washington (11/26), finishing with nine stops.
- Played in 11 games as a rookie, mainly on special teams, and finished the year with three coverage tackles.
- Missed the first two games of the season with an ankle injury, then made his NFL debut on special teams against Miami (9/22).
- Had his first tackle on special teams against Minnesota (11/10).
- A three-year starter and defensive captain for the Aggies who compiled 207 total tackles, 5.0 sacks, 21.5 tackles for loss, 16 pass breakups and eight interceptions.
- Started 11 games as a redshirt senior and led the team with two interceptions and was second with 66 tackles.
- Suffered a season-ending ankle injury during the season-opening UCLA game and received a medical redshirt.
- Posted 59 tackles while seeing action in 12 games with seven starts as a junior. Also had one interception and 5.5 tackles for loss.
- Saw action in all 13 games as a sophomore, starting seven at nickel, and led the Aggies with five interceptions, including a 60-yard pick-six, and recorded 63 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss with 2.0 sacks, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
- As a freshman made 19 tackles and two tackles for loss in 10 games, starting one.
- Attended Woodlawn High School in Shreveport, La., and led the area with 13 picks while earning all-city Defensive Player of the Year (Shreveport Times), Class 4A all-state honors and a member of the New Orleans Times-Picayune "Nifty 50" as a senior.
- Also had 70 tackles and five forced fumbles, and on offense, made 57 catches for 860 yards and nine scores.
- Earned his degree in sports management from Texas A&M.
- 2019 Rookie Club presented by Essilor USA.
- 2019 Reliant Home Run Derby benefiting the Salvation Army.
- 2019 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
- 2019 Early Thanksgiving Day Meal at The Salvation Army.
- Annual Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.