|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
4th-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
PRO: The Dallas Cowboys drafted Dorance Armstrong in the fourth round (116th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft in the hopes that his combination of athleticism and relentless motor translated to the pro game. Through his first three NFL seasons, Armstrong has seen quality time as a reserve, and on special teams, playing in 46 games with two starts. He is again looking to have an increased role in Dallas' defensive line rotation in his fourth year as he has consistently shown improvement and flashes of his ability as an edge rusher through three seasons.
4/28/18: Drafted in the fourth round (116th overall) by Dallas.
- Played in all 16 games for the first time in his short career and started two contests, posting 33 tackles, one for a loss, nine pressures, two breakups and two fumble recoveries.
- Added three tackles, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery on special teams coverage units.
- Logged his first start of the season, finishing with a tackle and a hurry against the N.Y. Giants (10/1).
- Selected as the special teams captain for the game against Cleveland (10/4).
- Recovered his first career fumble, adding a tackle on both defense and special teams at Philadelphia (11/1).
- Posted a career-best five tackles at Minnesota (11/22), then had three tackles on defense along with one tackle, a forced fumble and a recovered fumble on special teams against San Francisco (12/20).
- Played in 15 games for the second straight season and notched 16 tackles, two sacks, nine pressures and a forced fumble as a reserve defensive lineman. Also nabbed two tackles on special teams.
- Logged the first full sack of his career in the game against Green Bay (10/6), then had his first career forced fumble that was recovered by Jourdan Lewis and returned for a touchdown at the N.Y. Giants (11/4).
- Notched a career-best five tackles in the win at Minnesota (11/22).
- Played in 15 games with one start to log 15 tackles, a half sack, one tackle for a loss and six hurries as a rookie.
- Made his NFL debut as a reserve lineman and notched two tackles in the opener at Carolina (9/9), then made the first start of his career against Jacksonville (10/14) and had two tackles.
- Had his first sack stat, splitting one with Caraun Reid, against Tennessee (11/5).
- Was an inactive for both of the club's playoff contests.
- Kansas football's first-ever Preseason Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year and unanimous All-Big 12 first-team honoree as a junior, starting all 12 games and ranked third on the team with 63 total tackles, nine tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks. Also had seven hurries, four pass breakups, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.
- A consensus Big 12 Conference first-team honoree, tallying 10.0 sacks, finishing fifth with 56 stops, 20 tackles for loss, five quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and two fumbles recovered in his sophomore season.
- Saw action in all 12 games his freshman season, starting five straight contests to end the year, and totaled 23 tackles, five tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, as well as four pass breakups.
- Closed his prep career as a first-team all-district selection at defensive end for North Shore High School in Houston, Texas.
- Majored in liberal arts and sciences.
- 2018 Rookie Club presented by Essilor USA.
- 2018-19 Dallas Cowboys U High School Camp.
- 2019 Dallas Cowboys Draft Day/Fan Appreciation Party.
- 2019 NFL My Cause My Cleats Campaign.
- Annual Team Holiday Hospital Visits.
- Kick Off Luncheon and Dallas Cowboys Family Cookbook benefiting Happy Hill Farm.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas Program.